Sunday, April 06, 2008

Yay, A Post

To follow up, HAF, a WOW wedding is this ... WOW is an online interactive game. Not the technical name for it, but you create these characters and log on to these networks and play together in this fantasy world. There are a lot of games like this, but in WOW, you and a bunch of other people go on missions and kill things, gathering experience points and rise in rank, etc. I believe it's like dungeons and dragons but online. The boy, he plays with a bunch of people he met in the army. The other week, two of the people he plays with got married - I think first in real life, then they held an online ceremony. This is not unheard of in WOW, it seems. I did a quick google search and there were a lot of you Tube videos set to Pachelbel's Canon, etc. The wedding part was weird, to me, but I think I'm ok with him playing the game. I mean, he doesn't know a lot of people here, and if it's his way of keeping in touch, then so be it. The things that worry me about it is he's living this like alternate life and god only knows what happens and who he's talking to and what they're doing. The other thing is, I wish he'd get off his ass and meet people.

But I'm not sure this is a huge complaint of mine. I mean, any more than the things I normally complain about. Things are going really well and he's been really good. And we're having a good time. And when we do things, we do them. It's not like as soon as, let's say, we get to his place, he logs on and plays. Time with me is time with me.

Last night we were out at a bar with a bunch of people and I overheard him telling a friend that he wasn't in love with me.

I don't know.

It kind of made me sad, but when I wasn't under the influence of alcohol, I realized I'm ok with this. I'd rather he not be in love with me b/c that would seem kind of fast. The other thing is, I think I was only sad b/c I want him to like me more than I like him, and that's sort of twisted. I like him, I may be falling in love with him (again?), but the fact is, we're having a good time, we're getting to know each other, and I can't complain.

My birthday is coming up and I'm heading to NYC next weekend. Hooray!

No comments: