Sunday, December 30, 2007

I Just Need to Get This Off My Chest

The other day, I went to the Ex's place to hang out and play Rock Band. OMG. I love Rock Band. And the Ex got it for Christmas, and I wanted to play. So I went there. Well, his other ex, the one he dated last before me, she was in town shopping and came over for dinner. She was just as territorial as she was when I met her the first time, when the Ex and I were still together. She has not, in the days we have spent together, asked me a single question about me. And all she does is talk about herself. And she didn't particularly enjoy us playing Rock Band, but didn't join in and try, nor did she say she wasn't having fun. She actually sat there and mutter to herself. Tell us about every text she got. And when she would tell stories between songs in the game, they would go on and on and on and on. Listen, honey, I want to listen to you, but you gotta keep it brief or accept that I'm going to look away because I need to watch the tv.

If she weren't 21, I'd call her a bitch. Really, she's just young and not that bright.

But I got home late last night after being out to a Facebook friend request from her.

I DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH HER!

But I'm trying to remind myself that she's 21. She's not my competitor. It's almost like she's my younger sister.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE FACEBOOK FRIENDS WITH HER!

When I didn't respond to her request in 18 hours, she put her profile to private.

Ugh.

So now I'm going to back into why I was even hanging out with the Ex at all. Because I'm a sucker.

I have a theory. I don't give up on people I should give up on because I was never able to give up on my family. There were many times in my childhood I wanted to give up on them and I didn't. I couldn't. I may have tried to run away but just ended up coming home at the end of the day, my parents none the wiser. There is something very obligationy about the whole thing. I really can't be more eloquent. I'm tired and going to bed.

No comments: