Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sound Advice

There are two types of people. People who put their coffee beans in the freezer and people who don't. OK, maybe there are three types of people, the third being people who don't drink coffee. But I don't trust such people, so they don't count.

Some say the freezer helps the beans stay fresh. You know, like meat. I used to believe this, and as such, I used to store my beans in the freezer. One day, I stopped. Why? Because I was watching Dante's Peak and that chick from Terminator owns a coffee shop in the movie and SHE stored her beans at room temperature. Something to do with the oil in the beans.

Here's the thing, though. I'm not really sure this is the right way to do it. I mean, I know many smart people who store their beans in the freezer. And really, is Dante's Peak really where I want to be getting such advice? That movie blew! My BFF and I love the part where Scruffy is rescued from a rock in the middle of a river of lava. We laughed out loud in the theatre as everyone else was wiping tears from their eyes. I mean, we love it because it sucks!

Maybe one day, I'll wikipedia it and all will be revealed.

1 comment:

Give Aways and Sucker Punches said...

I have a two-tiered system for bean storage. I keep a bunch of beans in an airtight container at room temperature. But my airtight container is too small to hold a full bag of beans, so I leave the leftover beans in the bag in the freezer. I also think of beans like meat...the meat (beans) you're going to use soon, you keep in the fridge (on the counter); the meat (beans) you're going to eat (drink) down the road, you keep in the freezer (freezer).

I have no clue how much sense this makes.