Thursday, February 01, 2007

I Am Me

I realized today how much I do NOT need a boyfriend. Sure, I like to have fun, I like to make out, but I have no reason to have another person in my life. Today, after teaching for 75 minutes, I snapped out of this trance-like state where all I was thinking about was my students and what they were learning. And I think we taught them a lot today. And that's not an easy thing to do. And then my life, my shit, came flooding back, and I realized that I am incredibly capable and independent and strong. I rely on myself a lot, but I also have lots of amazing friends (and God) who support me. I don't need a boy.

Sure, I realize that having a boyfriend is choosing into a . . . blessing, a gift, but it's also incredibly burdensome and hard. And I don't NEED it. And I'm happy without it. And I'm going to rediscover the independent me that I've lost and gotten muddled in the last few months.

No, I really mean it. Hooray!

No comments: