Monday, November 29, 2004


i was sooo high school this weekend. left a gift in the boy's locker. guinness. imported from ireland. quebec imports it's guinness from ireland. yumm! how fortuitous. we had talked about this on tuesday last. so this was the "conversation" that ensued.
boy: uhh, thanks for the beer.
me: you're welcome.
boy: uhh...why'd you give me beer?
me: (blushing and feeling like a total moron explains in choppy, nervous sentences about how it's from quebec and how it's from ireland and how it's good and how i got drunk on the stuff one night.)
boy: oh.
(pause)
me: so how was your weekend?
boy: good. yours?
me: good. we came back early a day because my friend is in law school too and we wanted to study.
boy: oh.
(pause)
me: so n. gave me your combination...mumble...i'm not a psycho stalker...mumble...
boy: i figured.
(pause)
me: okay, well i gotta go.
boy: bye.
me: see ya.

so you might be thinking, boy this girl is stupid. can't she get the hint that he's not interested? maybe. or maybe the boy has no idea how to talk to girls. but do i want to play the forgiving game again? i need to take a break. this is going to be one long last week of classes, so maybe i should just focus on my academics. check.

No comments: