Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My Weekend, Finally

Oh, hello travel blog, I forgot that you were such a thing. I forgot I did such a thing.

Although moving to LA would not make me an expat, that is where I went. Like I said, I stayed with friends who, a year ago, bought a loft in downtown LA. Downtown LA is not exactly SoHo, or even the South End, right now. Look out the window and you just might see someone shooting up or someone defecating, and every once in a while there is the most unpleasant whiff of something ungodly. But give it a few years. Hell, give it a few months. A supermarket is opening up, and there seem to be new restaurants and bars every day. It's a little sad that the Latino community is getting pushed out, but such is the price of gentrification.

It's so exciting, I want to be a part of it. (Yeah, it'd be nice to live near my bff and have 70-degree weather for five straight days, June gloom be damned.) I'm moving to the South End in Boston and I feel like for the most part, it's already gentrified. It's basically at the point where the yuppies feel safe to move in. Oh, I feel like such a sell out.

Things I did:
- In n Out!
- Griffith Observatory
- Watch a cat get washed
- Fall in love with a cat - the only cat I'll ever love
- Pretended I was moving to LA so we could go on a hard hat tour of a new loft conversion
- Eat Mexican food - El Compadre!
- Not miss my upstairs neighbors who seem to be clog-dancing upstairs right now AT SEVEN AM
- Saw a movie at the Arclight - Hot Fuzz. Ehhh.
- Had brunch - twice!
- Went to some weird ass party
- Shopped at the Grove

Pictures:


Griffith Observatory



Burned Hillside


Once, I Was an Astronomy Geek


But I Never Stopped Being Childish

2 comments:

Give Aways and Sucker Punches said...

El Conquistador, not El Compadre. That was last time.

hap said...

Your first ever comment on my blog and you correct me? LAME.