Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Despite being afraid of losing my job and this economic crisis that I am finally old enough and mortgaged enough to understand, and despite the insanity going on in Mumbai, I went shopping today, on the blackest Friday of the year. Here are my purchases:


Western Digital 320 GB External Hard Drive; might have to return it for one I can network, if this doesn't work that way.









Black & Decker Convection Oven from Kohl's. It was discounted even further because it was an early-bird special. Thankfully, Kohls extended their specials until 3pm!








Targus laptop fan. $9.99 from Staples. Staples had great deals. It was amazing.







I can't find a picture, but Target was selling Christmas tree ornaments - balls that were filled with candy. I got two of the tootsie roll ones for the boy's mom because she loves them. They were $1 each and we gave them to her today.

I bought a few more things but nothing important. Honestly, the sales weren't that great, and the stores weren't that crowded. Except that one Wal-Mart in Long Island, apparently, where people were so crazed they broke down doors and crushed and killed an employee. A temp employee, nonetheless, contracted to work through a temp agency, so Wal-Mart probably isn't even liable for worker's comp. That was the least shocking part of the whole story. Alas.

No comments: