Thursday, June 12, 2008

Inanity part the ??

Last night at work, I was put in charge of putting some binders in a box and FedExing it all to counsel in some other state. The binders were being put together by the copy center, and the attorney who assigned me this task - b/c he had to go to the baseball game - said, these binders don't fit in a standard fedex box. Ask your secretary to get you a box. I had no idea where they were, so I decided to follow his instructions.

It was 4:30 at this point, and I saw my secretary putting on her jacket and getting ready to leave, as she usually does around this time. So I called the floor coordinator secretary who helps solve these types of overflow situations. She was out that day, I forgot, but after I explained to the floater secretary filling in for her exactly what I needed, she said, call Bob, because Bob was filling in for the floor coordinator. After explaining to Bob what I needed, he said, call the night secretary, Sue, at 5pm. At 5pm, I called the night secretary, and after explaining to HER what I needed, she said, call the copy center; they'll bring you one.

And they did. Quite quickly and efficiently.

Sometimes, I am surprised at how hard it is to get things done at work. You'd think we get all this money to get all sorts of stuff done, but really, we're completely inefficient and retarded.

Work has been SOOOO busy. Thankfully, I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow. Florida, then the Outer Banks.

Oh, and the Boy and I...the L word has officially been used. The first time was a few weeks ago. We're definitely much more comfortable with it now. We are so retarded, too. But at least no one pays us to live.

No comments: