Sunday, April 08, 2007

Two Stories

ONE

My BFF called me the other day. I hadn't spoken to him in quite some time b/c of mutually hectic schedules. He called me to tell me the sweetest story. He was hanging out with some people and they started talking about best friends. And some of the people couldn't think of one. And he called me and said, I'm so lucky to have you!

TWO

While on the trip last weekend, a bunch of us were hanging out in a hotel room, drinking some beers, shooting some shit, just having a good time. Somehow or another, a few of us ended up playing truth or dare. Mostly it was truth, except for me, for whom it was all dares. I did two dares.

First, I was supposed to scour the hotel and find some boys. I ended up finding some right outside at the ice machine, and after a few moments, I brought them in. Turned out, they go to law school in our city, etc. etc. Also, last week, I was organizing a reunion for the people I worked with last summer. Some people who were hired last fall to start next fall were also on the email list. One of them was one of the guys who I found in the hallway. He's cool, thankfully, b/c it could have been embarassing.

My second dare was to kiss this guy. I was really mortified and scared, but I ended up doing it. I went up to him, grabbed his face, and planted an innocent kiss on his lips. M, whose room we were hanging out in, his head whipped around towards us. I didn't think anything of it, b/c I think i would have done the same had I seen anyone kiss anyone else. But then it kind of came up the next night, and I got the distinct sense that he did not like me kissing the guy. This angers me because he has no right to be annoyed when I have had to put up with soooo much of him and his girlfriend. It's like everywhere I turn, there she is, even when she's not in this country. This also saddens me, because it brought me two steps back. At least it helped me get over P.

Also, I see there is the distinct possibility that I am reading too much into it. But my gut says no.

TWO POINT ONE

I am buying a condo. Although I put the offer in last month, the closing is at the end of June. Here are some pictures:


The "Second" Bedroom


"My" Bedroom


The Living Room (there's a fireplace off-frame)


The Future Dining Area (I'm thinking about buying that couch and the shelving...)

No comments: