Thursday, February 24, 2005

meandering
i'm not totally sure what's going on. i seem to have reached a new level of contentment in my life, but my life is being turned upside down. my habits are changing (i'm not finishing my homework). my friends are changing. my lifestyle and attitude are changing. yes, i'm content. but i'm not sure i'm happy. i never know if i'm happy. the only time i feel happy is when i'm genuinely laughing. maybe i'm just enjoying the novelty of the newness of everything. and underneath it all, i'm just a little worn down. the february blahs.

but things are good. i'm volunteering two days a week at an environmental place downtown. i'm doing taekwondo (mostly). i'm swimming. i'm going out. i'm making new friends (and a new crush i think!). saturday morning i woke up at someone else's house. nothing sexual or dirty. we just had a little drunken sleepover. it's been a long time since i've gotten so drunk i didn't get home. maybe it should have been longer still. but whatever.

i lost my ipod though. two weeks ago. it fell out of my pocket somewhere. i'm really thinking about getting a new one. maybe one of those new 4GB minis unveiled today, that would cost me about $170 with my student discount. maybe an ipod shuffle, b/c it's only $99. i don't know. i gave up shopping for lent, but this seems like a necessity, ranking up there with groceries. not having music is driving me crazy. b/c i can't read on the train in the morning b/c i'm carrying too much stuff. so i have nothing to keep me sane. oh well.

anyways, this is just a post i wanted to get up because i haven't written in a while. this semester is blowing by. spring break is in two weeks. and after that, our MOOT COURT oral arguments! bah! public speaking!

No comments: