Sunday, August 24, 2003

homecoming
i'm home, living with my parents in new jersey. god that sounds so pathetic. but the idea is to save money so i can get the rock out, and this is the best place to do it. grin and bear it, baby.

my tentative plan is to return to new zealand, hopefully by the new year. but recent and not-so-recent events have helped me realize that my original expectations for my return were unrealistic and probably unhealthy. if i go back, i can't have what i had. not only because, well, i can't, but because it'd be living in the past and it's not really me in a way. so if i do go back, it's going to be different, but it will still be great.

for the time being, then, i will look for employment, temporary or full-time. i will exercise, train, live, have fun, and start my novel of the great american variety.

oh, and as for the road trip, it was fun but long and arduous. but i have now been to 49 of the 50 united states. maine, here i come. the national parks (yellowstone, petrified forest, arches, etc.) were amazing. visiting friends was great fun. dancing with gay latino men was cool, too, except for how badly my back hurt the next day. graceland was the absolute highlight, however. and for the time being, i'm enjoying being alone and stationary.

No comments: