Tuesday, March 11, 2003

alive
I'M ALIVE. I'VE MADE IT OUT OF TONGARIRO ALIVE. no need to sound the alarms. i've had a great time. 50km in 3 days, 2 nights. my pack was too heavy. there were definitely times when i felt like giving up, but since i was in the middle of this volcanic landscape with no exit, i didn't. will update more later, and i know i owe a lot of emails. let me bathe first, eh?

however, since i've gotten here, and in the last three weeks, really, i've found out that three of my friends have gotten engaged. you know who you are. the thing is, the rest of the world doesn't necessarily, so suffice to say, congrats to you!! invite me to your weddings, damn it, and yes, i owe you emails and lots of other things i'm sure. if anyone else out there is dating and looking to get engaged, hold your breath, for it seems that once hap (that's me, diana) leaves the country, the diamonds come flying.

i love you guys! but i'm sore and i need to bathe, so off i go. mmmm, beer tonight!

No comments: