Tuesday, June 04, 2002

confession of the day
i've been a registered girl scout since i was in 4th grade, minus two years when my parents prohibited me from going to girl scout summer camp, thus negating the need to register as a girl scout. that means i've been a scout for about 13 years. oy.

i love my girl scout camp. i love it so much i gave up my summer chance to get a real high-powered internship in the media capital of the world (uhh, that's new york city for you uninitiated folk) to work for free at the gsusa and take off a month for camp. one of the greatest things to come out of my camp is the song "on the loose" written by a counselor, lefty, in the 60s or 70s. it's now gotten all over the world. do a google search for the first line of the song, on the loose to climb a mountain, and see.

No comments: