Tuesday, August 24, 2004

first black tie wedding: check
i'm back from the wedding. got back today and decided to ditch the minority orientation program. i just didn't want to wake up at 5am so i could drive four house to meet a bunch of asians. and as my friend put it, i enjoyed the wedding fully -- mainly by consuming wine to my heart's content. as it was, i woke up kind of hung over and had this like really compact dense period of stupidness. i was at the bagel store and within five minutes i dropped my orange juice, royally screwed up my order, spilled coffee on myself, and forgot to put my car in gear when i was driving away. i'm lucky i didn't hit something with my car.

anyways, the wedding was FABULOUS! i had such a great time. i cried when my friend walked down the aisle, because there's just so much history in the friendship. i've known him a long time, went to his bar mitzvah, at which the guests were given ankle socks to dance in. no such thing last night. (and no champagne bottle full of fake m&m's either...) but it really was, as the rabbi said, this culmination of years of growth coming together for that exact moment of marriage, of their blessed union, of a lifetime of growth together. i think it was especially more striking because i had known the groom for so long, so when the rabbi talked about growth, i could think back to seventh grade, when his hair was frizzier and he was just a kid. aww. :)

tomorrow i start orientation, though it's only optional. volunteer day. i think i'm going to weed or something. i'm not even sure to be honest. and i'm REALLY nervous about school. i went with my friend to bc to buy his books ($554.96) and i started freaking out. those books are big, expensive and really BORING looking. what the hell have i gotten myself into?!

No comments: